Sunday, August 10, 2008

As Time Goes By, or Where Did the Time Go?

I posted a while back about a work softball team I'm on, and that we aren't very good. Well after the first few games (and thanks to the addition of a couple good - young - players) we got better. After an 0-5 start, we ended up 5-7. Not too bad.

Anyways, that got us the 8th seed in a 14 team double elimination tourney, and last week we had game #1.

We totally spanked our opponents (33 to 6). The thing that led to the title of this post was that although I had a decent game (3 for 6, 2 doubles, 2 runs, 4 RBI's, no errors, a couple of OK plays), I also got one of those double because of my blazing speed where I turned a triple into a double. Took a bit of ribbing on that. The worst part was that my dear wife defended me by saying "What do you expect? He's 50 today." Where did all those years go?

I felt just like this...

1 comment:

K T Cat said...

Congratulations on the team and your birthday.