Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Can Hardly Wait

As I'm sure you know by now, tomorrow night Sen Obama will accept the Democratic nomination for President. I'm sure you also know that he'll be doing so at in huge stadium, on a stage that looks like, well some sort of greek-ish temple.

Which leads me to a question: Is he insane?

Does he really think this is a good image?

I can't help it, it's really bad of me, but all I can think of is that that is the image I always have of Hitler. A guy standing in front of greek-ish architecture and speaking words that mesmerize (some). Scary (to me).

Anyways, getting back to my title, what I can hardly wait for is to see how much the main stream media gushes over the "image" and his speech, and then to see if he gets ANY bump from it all. That is, to see if the populace, those great unwashed, but not as stupid as you think, masses are fooled - I'm betting they won't be.

2 comments:

K T Cat said...

For the most part, as I watched it, I thought that the idea seemed to work. When the camera panned back to show the full stadium, however, it scared the heck out of me.

Dig this in comparison.

Ohioan@Heart said...

From the point at 6:40 in your comparision: You can not be but united with us. And when the great columns of our movement march victoriously through Germany today I know that you will join those columns. And we know that Germany is before us, within us, and behind us. - Adoplh Hitler

Last night: "We cannot walk alone," the preacher cried. "And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead. We cannot turn back."

America, we cannot turn back. [snip] We cannot walk alone. At this moment, in this election, we must pledge once more to march into the future.
- Barack Obama


Scary squared.