Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sometimes I Hate It When I'm Right

In a post back on Jan 18, the Maximum Leader posted about how the handouts would have to end in California due to the budget disaster (here).

I commented that that was not going to happen, as the legislature would not tighten their belts, they'd raise taxes and make us tighten ours.

Well, here's the latest from Bloomberg:
Lawmakers have a “common framework” in place... Under consideration are proposals to raise the state’s sales tax rate to 8.25 percent from 7.25 percent; increase the vehicle license fee to 1.15 percent from 0.65 percent of the value of the automobile; a 12-cent per-gallon excise tax on gasoline and a 0.25 percent surcharge on income taxes, according to a lawmaker briefed by party leaders who asked not to be identified because the presentation was confidential.
Like I said, sometimes I hate it when I'm right.

No comments: