Thursday, September 4, 2008

Palin, Inspired or Insipid?

That really seems to be the question that's been tossed around since John McCain selected Sarah Palin as his VP running mate.

I thought about it and decided that what I want is consistency. Not perfection, no one's perfect, just consistency. Live as per your beliefs. Do as you say.

Sarah Palin's daughter is pregnant. That's horrible, no 17 year old has ever had that happen to them before (sarcasm warning!). Seriously, is there a less signifcant fact that you could tell me?

On the other hand, the Palin's are pro-life. Sarah Palin had a child, knowing it was oing to be a Downs baby. Would not abort it. Does as she says. Her daughter is going to have her baby, and the father is taking responsibility and marrying her. Good luck to them both. Pro-life and doing as they believe. That's what I want.

I have no beef with any of this. In fact, I think it is just as things should be.

Let's look at what Sarah Palin said yesterday. Here's some of her best:
No one expects us to agree on everything.

But we are expected to govern with integrity, good will, clear convictions, and ... a servant's heart.

I pledge to all Americans that I will carry myself in this spirit as vice president of the United States. This was the spirit that brought me to the governor's office, when I took on the old politics as usual in Juneau ... when I stood up to the special interests, the lobbyists, big oil companies, and the good-ol' boys network.

Sudden and relentless reform never sits well with entrenched interests and power brokers. That's why true reform is so hard to achieve.

...

In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers.

And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change

...

Harry Reid, the Majority Leader of the current do-nothing Senate, not long ago summed up his feelings about our nominee.

He said, quote, "I can't stand John McCain." Ladies and gentlemen, perhaps no accolade we hear this week is better proof that we've chosen the right man. Clearly what the Majority Leader was driving at is that he can't stand up to John McCain.

...

For a season, a gifted speaker can inspire with his words.

For a lifetime, John McCain has inspired with his deeds.


'Nuff Said. McCain - Palin.

Vote McCain - You Know You Should.

1 comment:

Dean said...

I know this represents the height of cynicism but I like the pick because it has absolutely enraged all the right people.

Of course, Palin possesses qualities that I do admire but I really enjoy warming myself by the fire of hatred that people have towards Sarah.