Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Other Shoe

In yesterday's post I suggested I had a topic for today's post, and that it was related to my oldest son. It is also related to last Saturday's post. In that post I mentioned that I had seen two wins from my boys adult baseball games. In yesterday's I only mentioned the youngest's game.

A week ago I neglected to mention that my oldest had been hit in the forearm with a pitch and then (after running the bases) took himself out of the rest of the game. We really didn't think much of it. Sure, it was bruised, but no real swelling, so he (and I and his mom) figured bad bruise, not broken.

Goes to show that those without M.D. degrees ought not make such decisions. After living and working with his "bruise" from Saturday through Thursday, my son finally called the doctor's office and got it x-rayed. Turned out it was broken.

Short version from there: The decision was surgery today to put in plate and screws. The surgery went great and all is now well.

A long Easter for a worried Mom and Dad. But a good outcome.

Whew!

2 comments:

K T Cat said...

Ouch! Plates and screws inside of your body are not a good thing. I hope he heals quickly.

Ohioan@Heart said...

Tends to. The doctor said they had to rebreak it as he'd already started to heal.

Suspect he'll be back to normal at near record pace.