Saturday, February 2, 2008

First Super Sunday, Then Super Tuesday

And which will impact your life more? Will that get the most attention? Here's betting that the level of attention and the importance are not correlated.

Speaking of betting... I see that you can bet (in Vegas, of course) on an over-under on the number of the first player to score (currently at 43.5), among a bunch of other crazy things. On Super Tuesday all we bet is the future of our country.

And let's face it, that's what picking between these candidates is. A bet. Almost a blind bet. I say almost because although most of the candidates change their message every time they get their hair combed before an appearance (this may not apply to Mitt - that hair has got to be plastic coated).

Seriously, as I think about the candidates I keep asking...

  • Will they fix out border?

  • Will they get our fiscal house in order?

  • Will they continue the war?

  • Will they take on the terrorists?

  • Will they protect the environment for future generations?


I won't tell anyone out there how to answer these questions, but I will say that for most of the candidates, they either keep changing their stance, or are so unclear that I can't figure out quite what their stance really is.

So given that, how did I choose to support McCain? McCain seems to be a man of principle. Seriously, it's that simple. But even given that I think McCain is honorable, that still doesn't guarantee that he'll be a good president. But at least I'll sleep soundly knowing that he'll try. I can't say the same for any of the others.

Oh, and one more thing... I hope that the team with the Manning loses.

No comments: